The Resilience Workshop
An online, pay-what-you-can, guided book study on how to stay centered and take action that aligns with your goals.
In this course you will:
- Learn how to bounce back from challenges and take action that aligns with your values, goals and vision.
- Learn how to stay centered so you can always see your best next step.
- See how to take consistent action and reach your goals without struggle or getting worn out.
- Cultivate a practice of mindfulness to quickly observe and rise above your self-limiting internal dialogue.
- Uncover your own personal stopping points and see how to move past them.
- Seven live group sessions by video or phone, covering 1-2 chapters each session
- Wednesdays 5-6:30pm Pacific Time (replays available)
- Pay-what-you-can (+ 100% money-back guarantee)
- Led by: Justin Haaheim, certified life & leadership coach
Sign up to be notified when the next round of The Resilience Workshop is announced.
About This Course
In times of change and unrest we naturally feel a call to contribute. “What is my part to play in all of this?”
Sometimes the next step is clear, and we take it. But sometimes the next step is not so clear, or we may find it’s harder than expected to take it. And especially now, in the midst of a global pandemic and societal change, it’s very normal from time to time to find ourselves feeling stuck, frustrated or even overwhelmed.
Resilience is the skill set of staying centered and moving from adversity into clear, purposeful action. Like any skill, it can be learned and honed. In this online course we’ll be reading the book Mastering Life’s Energies, by Maria Nemeth, one of Justin’s closest mentors and teachers, and a renowned master coach. It's a book that gets to the heart of what it means to be resilient, and offers practical tools to help you train your brain to bounce back from challenges and take action with four important qualities: clarity, focus, ease and grace.
The course has three components:
- Seven weekly live meetings by video call where we’ll dive deep into the weekly reading and discuss the tools and principles at play.
- Materials and light homework that will help you apply these tools in your own life.
- A supportive community with a Facebook group for sharing learnings, breakthroughs and questions in between sessions.
You can join live by computer or phone. Not able to make a session or two? No problem. You’ll get access to the recording of the session the next day.
About Your Course Leader
Hi! I'm Justin.
I’m an activist, organizer, musician, and professional coach. My mission is to help people live their life's purpose and make the difference they're here to make.
Training & Qualifications
- Certification: I earned my coaching certification from the Academy for Coaching Excellence, one of the most rigorous coach training programs accredited by the International Coaching Federation
- Coaching Experience: 950+ coaching hours since 2013
- Trainer Experience: I am a licensed trainer with the Academy for Coaching Excellence and have been a course leader for their transformational leadership courses. I have also worked as a professional trainer for progressive NGOs (350.org and Clean Water Action) and activist groups with a focus on campaigning, grassroots organizing and anti-racism work.
That's me on the right with my wife Mnikesa on the left. ❤️
Who is this for?
I'm dedicated to creating a world that works for all people, where everyone is included and no one is left out. I’m dedicated to finding creative solutions and building people power to get there.
This course is for anyone who resonates with that vision and sees they have a part to play in making our world better, more inclusive, more just, more equitable, more sustainable or more empowering.
If you join you’ll likely find yourself among social change-makers, progressive activists, organizers, teachers, coaches and entrepreneurs, but you don't need to have one of these labels to participate. What matters is that you’re dedicated to building a world that works for all, and you’re eager to learn the principles and skills of being resilient.
Price & Registration
What is the price?
A one-time payment that is a stretch but not a hardship:
- $200 if you are financially flourishing.
- $120 if you are financially stable.
- $70 if you are financially stretched.
OR, pay what you can:
I’m dedicated to my work serving all people, with no one left out. If paying using the tiers above would be a hardship, I invite you to choose the amount that would be a stretch but not a hardship, and then sign up using that amount. No matter what amount you choose, I’m glad to have you!
Note: You’ll also purchase your own copy of the book. I recommend getting a physical copy, but a digital copy works, too. Here are two independent booksellers: The Strand and Powell's Books (used)
How much should I pay?
Pay what you can, no more -- AND no less.
By joining this course you’re making an investment in yourself and your ability to be resilient in uncertain times. What you get out of this course will be a reflection of the time, energy, creativity, and -- yes -- the money you invest in it. I don’t want this to be a hardship for you. And at the same time, when someone underpays it leaves the door open for them to disengage and not get the full value they came for.
So take a look at what would be a stretch, but not a hardship. And then pay it, and jump on in. 😃
“What if I feel bad about what I’m paying?”
Pay it with joy and keep it simple. 🙂 This is the best way to honor my work! Just make sure it’s really a stretch, and not a hardship.
Pay more and help folks join who otherwise couldn’t. OR pay less, knowing you’re giving what you truly can.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
If you’re not satisfied at any time during the course, I’ll give you a full or partial refund (your choice) — AND you can keep all course materials.
I am happy to take all the risk off of you, and assume it myself. That said, please know that refunds impact the viability of my business. I ask that you only join if you are 100% in.